Protection of Personal Data
The following personal data may be collected for publication on the site:
- Last name
- First name
- Individual photo
- E-mail address
- Organization (institute, laboratory, …)
Data conservation period
Personal data are managed as per the following:
- Event registration data is deleted at the closing of the event.
- Under the right to erasure Personal data is deleted after three years of inactivity.
- Data for authenticated contributors who are no longer on staff is conserved for a maximum of five years.
Transfer of data outside the European Union
No data is transferred outside the European Union.
In accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions in particular the law 78-17 “Informatique et libertés” (art.34 and art.36) relating to data processing, files and freedoms and the European regulation n° 2016/679/EU of April 27, 2016 (applicable since May 25, 2018), the following rights are accorded:
• To update or delete your data by logging into your account and re-configuring its settings.
• To exercise right of access to your personal data.
• To request the update of your data, if inaccurate.
• To request the portability or deletion of your data.
• To request the deletion of your account.
• To request the limitation of the processing of your data.
• To object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your data.
• To withdraw your consent to the processing of your data.
To exercise these rights, contact us.
Personal data protection policy
To measure the number of visitors to our site accessible at geographie-cites.cnrs.fr, Géographie Cités uses Matomo, a tool which respects your privacy. Its data protection policy is available at the following address: https://fr.matomo.org/gdpr/
Optional Cookies are utilized only with your prior consent (art. 6.1.a of the General Data Protection Regulation). On your first visit to our website, a pop-up window will appear requesting your consent to deposit optional cookies. If you provide your consent, we will deposit a cookie on your computer. The pop-up will not appear again while the cookie remains active. After the cookie expires, or if you voluntarily delete the cookie, upon your next visit to our website the pop-up will reappear, and your consent again requested.
Your prior consent will be requested for each optional cookie purpose on a category-by-category basis.
A cookie will be generated to record your choice of cookies to ensure you do not receive unapproved cookies on future visits to our website from the same browser. However, if you change browsers, it is technically impossible to know your cookie preferences and you will have to resubmit your choices.
The cookie settings on this site can be changed by clicking on the Manage Cookies button on the bottom right of our website.
We do not provide any personal data to advertisers or allow any third party to display ads on our site. However, we are unable to control which advertisers display ads through your Internet service providers.
You have the option of blocking cookies or deleting cookies which have already been placed, but please note that disabling cookies will affect certain features on our website and others.
If you want to avoid cookies, you have several options depending on your browser settings:
- Mozilla Firefox: In the dropdown menu select “Options,” then click on the “Privacy” icon. Scroll down to “Cookies and Site Data” and select the desired options.
- Chrome: click on the Chrome menu icon, choose “Settings” and the “Privacy and Security” section of the dropdown menu. Click on “Cookies and Other Site Data” and select the desired options.
- Safari: In “Preferences,” select “Security” then “Show cookies” and t choose the desired options.
This information may be updated from time to time. We invite you to check this site regularly for the most recent version.
If you have any questions, please contact us.