Eight PhD students have just joined Geographie-Cités.
Welcome from all the members of the UMR to :
– Noémie CALIXTE (University of PARIS 1), who is doing her thesis on “Mobilities, spatial strategies and power relations in domestic violence. An intersection between Paris and Berlin”;
– Léa CHRISTOPHE (University of PARIS 1), whose thesis is on the theme: “Modeling travel to help coordinate urban planning and mobility policies: from the construction to the exploration of models, application to the western Savoyard region”;
– Hugo CUPRI (University of PARIS 1), who is preparing a thesis on : “Geographers and the political epithet: French geography facing a fluctuating category (1880-2000)”;
– Marine FRANTZ (University of PARIS 1), who is preparing her thesis on : “Land tenure and urbanization in South India”;
– Dilek KARABULUT (University of PARIS 1), who is doing a thesis on the theme: “Geography of finance: the financialization of urban production in Turkey”;
– Alexandra MALLAH, who is preparing a thesis on “What heritage does to heritage: the recognition of new uses”, under the direction of Nicolas VERDIER and Nadine ROUDIL;
– Myriam OUELLET (University of PARIS 1), whose thesis is on : “Gender and exile: a spatialization of the exile paths of young Syrian men;
– Léa REVILLE, who is doing her thesis on “The refuge city through the prism of the temporary, analysis of a policy of opening public buildings to exiled populations in the Paris metropolis”, under the direction of Camille SCHMOLL.